The Assistant Coach assists head coaches with all functions of running a quality collegiate athletic program. This position includes traveling with teams to competitions. This position reports to the Director of Athletics.
- Assume responsibility for the training and development of the players by demonstrating technical expertise and teaching the fundamentals.
- Assist students in achieving academic success.
- Aid in coordinating fundraising activities.
- Contribute to match preparation through tape review, breakdown, and scouting report preparation.
- Identify, attract, and matriculate outstanding student-athletes to the university.
- Provide transformative learning opportunities that challenge and support students.
- Support student-athlete academic and athletic excellence, leadership development, team development, and community service.
- Develop positive public relations with all internal and external constituents.
- Experience in particular varsity sport.
- High school diploma or GED.
- CPR/First Aid certification and may be obtained on the job.
- Valid driver’s license (Must have had a valid driver’s license for at least 2 years).
- Finalist applicants must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background checks, including a driving abstract check, and pass PLU’s internal Driver’s Certification Training.