Under general supervision, the Men’s and Women’s Tennis Head Coach will be in charge of all aspects of the Tennis programs including recruitment of quality student-athletes, retention, fundraising, conditioning programs, scheduling, and organizing and planning of practices and match strategies. The Head Coach will assist in scheduling matches and coordinating travel.
- Contributes to the educational mission of the University by coordinating the instruction of student-athletes in the area of tennis and competition;
- Recruits quality student-athletes for the tennis program;
- Instructs methods and strategies and coaches student-athletes in the sport;
- Schedules practices and competitions;
- Assists with coordinating travel (ex: van, hotel, meals, etc.);
- Transports and supervises student-athletes while on the road;
- Trains and supervises assistant and or volunteer coach(es);
- Support and drive a culture or Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for all students and athletes.
- Participate in fundraising activities to supplement the operational budget for the program
- Monitors specific sport budget to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- A bachelor's degree or related work experience in the related field is required.
- At least one year of experience coaching tennis at the high school, college or higher competitive level or at least two years of experience competing at the NCAA or USTA level.
- A valid driver's license is required. The license must meet insurance company rules and regulations for driving underwriting criteria.