The Assistant Track & Field Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in organizing and managing all phases of a Division I Track & Field program, including recruiting, team travel, strength & conditioning, student-athlete academic monitoring, public speaking, competition scheduling, budget management, and community/donor relations.
- Coaches team at practices and competitive events.
- Oversee academic and personal well-being of student-athletes.
- Assist in building a nationally competitive Division I program through successful recruiting and retention of high-level student-athletes.
- Collaborates with Head Coach, Athletic Trainers, and Strength & Conditioning Coach to design both academic year (in season and out-of-season) and summer conditioning programs.
- Assist with coaching responsibilities which include Men’s & Women’s Sprints, Hurdles, Relays/and or Jump events.
- Assist with reconciling expenses, and proposing purchases for sports program.
- Serve as key liaison to the broader (University) community, engaging in alumni, fund raising, and other key stakeholder activities.
- Organizes community service events for the team.
- Responsible for assisting in all phases of a Division I intercollegiate track and field program which includes scheduling, recruiting, travel coordination, budgets and fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Successful NCAA/International Coaching experience or Elite International athletic experience.
- Applicants must demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.