The Middle School Soccer Coach fulfills the mission of the Catholic school by developing, initiating, and administering the program in a particular sport which adequately prepares the student athlete for interscholastic competition. The Middle School Soccer Coach is recommended to the principal by the athletic director, hired by the principal, and evaluated in consultation with the athletic director.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Conducts practice sessions and games according to local diocesan policy and league regulations.
- Schedules practices and games in consultation with the athletic director.
- Verifies student eligibility to practice and participate by completion of physicals, release/hold harmless, and registration.
- Ensures that all volunteers are approved by the school.
- Monitors the physical condition and fitness of participants and reports injuries to parents and school officials.
- High school or equivalent.
- Current CPR certification and first aid training.
- Previous coaching and/or playing experience.