The Middle School 8th-Grade Boys Basketball Coach is responsible for helping each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Responsible along with the Athletic Director for all matters relating to the organization, administration, and philosophy of the sport under his/her direction.
- Serves in a leadership capacity in the boy's basketball program.
- Adheres to the BNL Athletic Coaches Handbook
- Acts as a positive role model on and off the court/field/site, etc.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Maintains competency in rules, event procedures, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Works cooperatively with other coaches, athletic directors, and students to ensure healthy and positive rivalries.
- Recommends to the Athletic Director teams that may be scheduled.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Valid teaching certificate and a bachelor’s degree preferred.
- First aid and CPR training preferred.
- Experience in teaching and/or coaching is preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate success in the area of application.