Winnisquam Regional School District is hiring a Boys Middle School Baseball Coach to begin duties in March of 2023. This coaching position requires a desire to work with Middle School Students and develop skills and teach techniques to prepare the team for interscholastic softball competitions. Candidates should place a high priority on character development and sportsmanship, as well as motivate student-athletes to develop knowledge of an appreciation for the sport.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize team tryouts and maintain integrity during the selection process.
- Hold a Parent Meeting at the beginning of the season.
- Plan and implement daily practice routines.
- Ensure that all student-athletes receive appropriate instruction, support, and opportunities to participate, and work with student-athletes to improve personal and team skills.
- Provide guidance and encouragement to help student-athletes prosper from their participation.
- Maintain an accurate and current inventory of uniforms, equipment, and supplies.
- Applies developmentally appropriate and age-appropriate methods to coaching student-athletes.
- Emphasizes sportsmanship and leadership among athletes.
- Coaching and/or playing experience at the high school and/or collegiate level is recommended.
- First Aid and CPR/AED Certification and the completion of NHIAA required courses are required within the first year of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.