Seaside Middle School is seeking a team-oriented professional who will assist in administering the football program under the leadership of the Head Coach and Athletic Director. Responsibilities will include coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork; additional duties as may be assigned. Full job description available upon request.
- Football experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Criminal history clearance (background check and HB 2062).
- CPR and First Aid certified.
- NFHS Coaching Education certified.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement.
- Plans and sets-up activities, practices and contests as assigned by the head coach.
- Develops appropriate training programs and practice schedules when assigned by the head coach.
- Ensures that proper storage, maintenance and inventory of all athletic equipment and uniforms is adhered to.
- Travels and supervises student athletes on the team bus both to and from contests.
- Dresses in a professional manner during contests and public functions.
- Adheres to all financial policies of the District in regard to collection and disbursement of money, expenses, and receipts.
- Makes recommendations regarding the purchase of uniforms, equipment and supplies to the head coach.
- Enforces discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles.
- Supervises students in locker rooms at home and away contests and ensures appropriate behavior.
- Ensures that appropriate rules and regulations regarding the conduct and eligibility of athletic activities and athletes are explained and followed.