To successfully help guide and build the foundation for a solid football program at Parchment Middle School. The coach will place emphasis on individual player development and growth, along with team cohesiveness, over the length of the football season. The coach will demonstrate commitment to student-athletes, the school, and community while promoting school spirit and positive character among athletes.
- Experience as a coach or as a participant.
- Sound knowledge and background of football.
- Must be able to relate to student-athletes in a positive manner and be a good role model.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports head football coach while instructing athletes on the fundamentals of football.
- Attend all practices and has the ability to coach at the individual, small groups, and team level.
- Assists the Head Coach in the distribution and collection of appropriate information i.e., Parent Consent Forms, Physical Examination Forms, Birth certificates, Grade Report Forms at the end of each grading period, Accident Forms and any other information concerning the sport.
- To assume responsibility for supervision, safety and welfare of students participating in the football program before, during and after scheduled practices and competitive contests.
- To establish and maintain good rapport with athletes, staff, parents, community groups.
- To assist the Athletic Dept. in planning and organization of promotion and participant recruitment and recognition programs pertaining to the sport.