Directly responsible to the head coach of a sport. The assistant coach will be expected to exhibit total loyalty to the program, the head coach, and the other assistants at all times. The assistant coach will be required to carry out all assignments given to him by the head coach.
- Assist the head coach as directed with the following:
- Organize and direct coaching staff
- Collecting physical examination forms.
- Collecting insurance release forms.
- Reporting injuries to school nurse.
- Taking inventory and submitting a list of equipment needs.
- Checking out and collecting all equipment.
- Keeping accurate records and reports of lost or stolen equipment.
- Certified teacher or must qualify for Rule 10 approval through the Kansas State High School Activities Association.
- Maintains communication with school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action which will meet the educational needs of students. Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties. Performs other related work as required.