The job of Assistant Principal is done for the purpose/s of supporting the building Principal in ensuring academic success of students, performing school site activities as may be delegated by Principal; and representing the school within district and community. Ensure that student learning through the lens of equity and cultural relevance drives all decisions and aligns with the vision of the District. This position will also coordinate and manage the athletic related functions.
- Composes a wide variety of materials (e.g. quantity reports, student activities, correspondence, audits, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying
- Evaluates assigned personnel (e.g. teachers, support staff) for the purpose of ensuring that standards are achieved and performance is maximized.
- Facilitates communication between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts.
- Facilitates meetings, processes, etc. for the purpose of meeting curriculum guidelines and/or ensuring that state mandates are achieved.
- Intervenes in occurrences of inappropriate behavior of students for the purpose of assisting students in modifying such behavior and developing successful interpersonal
- Manages a variety of school administrative functions (e.g. student disciplinary policy, school schedule, assigned personnel, etc.) for the purpose of enforcing school, district and state policy and maintaining safety and efficiency of school operations.
The work environment is usually moderately quiet but busy office setting, with frequent interruptions. The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. The job is performed under a generally hazard free environment.