The Middle School assistant Coach is responsible for all aspects of the volleyball in conjunction to the head coach's vision.
- The coach must demonstrate strong leadership in player and staff development, sportsmanship, integrity and character development.
- Qualified candidates should possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- They must demonstrate exceptional knowledge of the skills and strategies of the sport of volleyball as it pertains to interscholastic athletics in Virginia.
- Foster among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, a desire to perform at the highest level, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
- Support the training, conditioning, and performance of the volleyball program.
- Emphasize the importance of academic excellence and assist in monitoring and maintaining high academic standards for members of the volleyball program. Become actively involved with the college recruiting process for team members.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of volleyball rules.
- Promote the program within the school and community.
- Work cooperatively with other athletic coaches in order to operate a well-balanced athletic program.