ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with practices by placing emphasis on the importance of teamwork, skill development, learning rules and strategies, and student-athlete improvement.
- Assist with engaging in academic monitoring with teachers, counselors, and other academic support staff.
- Help supervise student-athletes before, during, and after practices and contests, including in locker rooms, on busses and at all other times. The assistant coach will be at all practices and games on time and not leave until all student-athletes have left.
- Help assume responsibility for constant care of equipment and inventory being used.
- Follow through on all required paperwork including, rosters, physicals, insurance forms, and parent consent forms.
- Help provide information for transportation, facilities, officials and game management.
- Conduct team and self in an ethical manner during practices and contests, always exemplifying the highest standards of sportsmanship.
- Must have a Teachers Certificate or valid Substitute Certificate or Temporary (provisional) Teacher’s Certificate.
- Be a full or part-time employee in the District.
- Employed in the school as a teacher or administrator in which the candidate applies for a position.