The Assistant Coach’s goal is to help each student participating to achieve a high level of skill, to learn the appreciation of the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and to gain an increased level of self-esteem working side by side with the Head Coach.
- CHSSA Certified.
- Preparation in coaching
- Demonstrated abilities in area assigned
- Sets and lives by an acceptable code of moral, ethical, and leadership standards.
- Assist with pre-season conditioning.
- Attend rules meeting with Head Coach.
- Meet with Head Coach before season starts to lay out a practice schedule.
- Help plan practices and help with supervision in the weight room.
- Carry out specific practice assignments.
- Review video of games with Head Coach.
- Help monitor and care for injuries with the trainer.
- Coach teams during J.V. games and assist varsity coaches during games.
- Help evaluate players.
- Help with issuing equipment and uniforms.
- Attend clinics, if possible.