The Assistant Principal will provide support with the instructional process with specific responsibility for directing programs and services at the middle school; providing information and serving as a resource to others; supervising assigned staff as needed, coordinating school activities and addressing issues, situations and/or problem that arise on campus or with enrolled students.
- Possess a Colorado Principal License.
- Must have a proven track record of working collaboratively with staff members and community to best meet the needs of all students.
- Communicating with diverse groups, maintaining confidentiality, setting priorities, working as part of a team, working with frequent interruptions, creating a positive school climate or students, staff and community.
- Commit to the district vision of Each Student, Each Day: Wolverine Way.
- Submit fingerprints for a criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to be flexible in the planning and administration of job duties.
- Collaborative approach to planning and problem solving.
- Have strong initiative and self-direction.
- Manages a variety of school administrative functions (e.g. student disciplinary policy, school schedule, assigned personnel, etc.) for the purpose of enforcing school, district and state policy and maintaining safety and efficiency of school operations.
- Administers and implements the overall activities/athletic program for 6th through 8th grade programming.
- Fosters good school-community relations by keeping the community aware of and responsive to the activity/athletic programs.
- Monitors and checks student/athlete eligibility.