Woodward Public Schools seeks a Head Wrestling coach with exceptional communication, time management, organizational skills, experience in leadership and a background in wrestling technique and the enthusiasm and commitment to support wrestlers in their development.
- Organize, instruct and grow the current wrestling program at Woodward Public Schools. (High School and Middle School)
- Main goal: Preparing the team for District Duals, Regionals and State competition.
- Plan, communicate, and work with building administration and athletic staff to organize schedules, transportation, and program development.
- Support Booster Club efforts in regard to fundraising for program support.
- Communicate regularly with Booster Club president.
The coach provides guidance and is expected to:
- Understand, communicate, and assist in ensuring conformance with the wrestling team rules and Woodward High School Student Handbook.
- Work with administration on various aspects of managing the team including, but not limited to, practice times and locations, student eligibility, game performance schedules, and any other matters that affect scheduled performances.
- Work with Booster President on any team issues, concerns, communications, or needs required to meet team objectives.
- Communicate regularly with the Booster President.
- Communicate regularly with team members regarding scheduling for games and practices, uniforms, etc.