The Middle School Athletic Director oversees all Middle School interscholastic activities and related personnel. This includes overseeing student-athletes, coaches, auxiliary personnel, and sporting games, events, ceremonies and facilities.
- Organize meetings with coaching staff to ensure compliance, practice, and procedures.
- Maintain working relationship with principal, coordinators and Director of Athletics.
- Suggest ways to the principal and Director of Athletics ways in which the district athletic program can be improved.
- Communicates regularly with the MS principal keeping them informed of athletic progress, direction, difficulties, etc.
- Recommend coaching assignments and supplements to MCS Director of Athletics.
- Work collaboratively with Principal, Director of Athletics, and Varsity Head Coach throughout the selection and hiring process of MS coaches.
- Holds a valid Georgia teaching or leadership certificate
- At least three (3) years successful coaching or administrative experience.
- Ability to work with people harmoniously.
- Knowledge of athletics.
- Ability to supervise public events.
The Board of Education of the City of Marietta does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or gender in its employment practices, student programs, and dealings with the public.