Plan, organize, direct and implement the District athletic activities, including recommending the purchase and rental of equipment and athletic facilities. Coach or assist coaches in various athletic programs. Serve as the district point of contact for athletic program questions from school, district and state personnel.
- Plan or assist in planning the athletic program.
- Organize, supervise or assist in organizing and supervising with practices.
- Teach or assist in teaching individual fundamental skills, team play, team strategy and rules and regulations of the game.
- Teach or assist in teaching sportsmanship and self-control.
- Check or assist in checking eligibility of participants, including insurance coverage and parent consent.
- Provide students a proper role model, emotional support, patience, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Conduct or assist in conducting learning experiences, with small groups of student athletes.
- Recommend or assist in recommending the purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate for the health, safety and welfare of student athletes.
- Fundamentals of various sports.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Assist coaches on one or more sports.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work independently with little direction.