- Master’s Degree in Education, Ed Leadership, or related field is required.
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate is required.
- 3 or more years of teaching experience is required.
- 3 or more years of experience in managing athletic programs is required.
- 3 or more years of coaching athletic teams at the secondary level is required.
- 3 or more years experience as an Athletic Director is preferred.
- Ability to work with a diverse population (teachers, parents, students, etc.) is required.
- Develop a long-range vision for districts K-8 athletic program.
- Make recommendations regarding the selection of middle school coaching staff in cooperation with building principals. Including Human Resources management including labor contract administration and recruiting athletic coaches as necessary.
- Report athletic coaching disciplinary issues to building principals. Provide written documentation as required by the building principals.
- Maintain communication and coordinate events with the high school Athletic Director.
- Responsible for athletic uniforms and equipment (purchase and repair of uniforms/equipment) in cooperation with the H.S. Athletic Director.
- Develop community partnerships and foster good school-community relations.
- Schedule athletic events.
The Battle Creek Public School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.