The Middle School AD is responsible for the direction and operations of the middle school athletics program and will consult regularly with the District Athletic Director, the Yukon Middle School Principal, the coaching staff, student athletes and the parents of student athletes.
- Communicates consistently and frequently with the Yukon Middle School administrative team.
- Collaborates with the District Athletic Director, as well as other District personnel, to support the overall vision of the District athletic program to benefit student athletes.
- Organizes and administers the overall program of interscholastic athletics for the middle school in conjunction with School Board and OSSAA policies.
- Providing leadership in the selection, assignment, and evaluation of athletic coaches and staff members.
- Fosters good school-community relations by keeping the community aware and positively responsive to the athletic program.
- Assumes responsibility for the organization and scheduling of all middle school interscholastic athletic events.
- Hires all workers for all home athletic events including gate workers, ticket takers, officials, team physician, policemen as required, and assumes general responsibility for the proper supervision of the events.
- Arranges transportation for all athletic events and coaches.
- Current standard first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external defibrillation (AED) certifications prior to start date of the position, to be maintained for the duration of the position.
- Strong motivational abilities.
- Evidence of ability to interact positively with student athletes, colleagues, and the public.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.