ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Developing and communicating clear and specific goals for the team and individual players throughout tryouts and the season.
- Maintaining open and honest communication with students, parents, other coaches, and Athletic Director.
- Developing and demonstrating a good knowledge base of best practices specific to their coaching arena.
- Supporting and collaborating with coaches in other athletic programs.
- Modeling and teaching skills necessary to succeed.
- Supporting student academic expectations, responsibilities, and achievements.
- Developing the knowledge and understanding of Grand Rapids policies and procedures as it applies to athletics.
- Promoting and enforcing the student-athlete code of conduct.
- Connecting athletic experiences with life experiences.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be 18 years of age or older and clear a criminal background check.
- Playing experience at the high school or college level and/or coaching experience required.
- Proof of current First Aid and CPR certifications prior to the first day of coaching.
- Must provide certificate of completion for online concussion training course from either the Centers for Disease Control or the National Federation of State High School Associations prior to the first day of coaching.
The Grand Rapids Public Schools will not discriminate against any person based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, height, weight, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status.