- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess some knowledge of the rules regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents and students.
- Some experience as a baseball player or coach is preferred.
- Instructs players in the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individuals and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Supervises athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators.
- Collects and stores equipment and uniforms in an orderly fashion.
- Distributes equipment, supplies and uniforms to students.
- Preforms support tasks such as monitoring student eligibility, securing medical release forms and other related records.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
Warden School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.