- Provide a positive learning environment for the athletes.
- Conduct practices that place emphasis on the importance of teamwork, skill development, learning rules and strategies, and student-athlete improvement.
- Travel on team bus to and from all games.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations.
- Attend all game and practices scheduled.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the entire coaching staff.
- Help manage the score table during MS A games.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintain the highest order of professionalism and display the highest level of ethical and moral behavior at all times including building positive relationships with athletes, staff, parents, and community. The coach will create a student-centered environment and team culture of success as defined by the national coaching standards.
- Previous basketball coaching experience.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- The presence and desire to be a role model for student-athletes on and off the court.
- A commitment to the importance of academic excellence and achievement for all student-athletes in the program.
- A proficient effective communicator.
- Skilled in organization & time management.
- A thorough knowledge of basketball, skill development, and coaching techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to be a positive leader within the high school program and develop and instruct young athletes both physically and emotionally.
- Previous Basketball coaching experience.
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.