- To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the Head Coach.
- To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the head coach in scheduling, providing transportation and requirements for tournaments and special sports events.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Provides documentation to Athletic Director, fulfill state and system requirements, concerning physical examinations, parental consent, and eligibility at sub-varsity level.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all athletic policy approved by the Saydel Board of Education and is responsible for its implementation.
- Has a knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations; implements same consistently.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels. Coach is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase moral and cooperation within the school sports program.