The coach works as a member of the Athletic Department to provide students with a comprehensive and interscholastic program. Such programs to lead students to achieve and maintain physical fitness, a sense of pride and competence in acquiring new skills, promotion of their sense of self and sportsmanship.
- Experience as participant and/or coach of the assigned post at the secondary or collegiate level.
- Demonstrates interest in and aptitude for performing the tasks listed.
- Red Cross certification in the area of first aid and CPR training must be current and within a reasonable period of time upon assumption of duties.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications a the School Committee may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms, as appropriate.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, health records, insurance records and similar paperwork.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area where the sport is conducted while students are present.
- Established performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in his /her sport.
- Enforces disciplined and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.