- 2640 active jobs (view)
To help fulfill the mission of the school and the athletic program through mastery of the sport. This mastery includes sport-specific skills, critical knowledge of the game, personal discipline, perseverance, and godly interaction with athletes, families, and school faculty and staff.
- Must be a Christ-follower who upholds, in word and deed, the Hill Country Christian School of Austin’s Core Values and Statement of Faith.
- Must faithfully attend a church whose fundamental beliefs are in agreement with the Statement of Faith of this school.
- Must be qualified to coach the sport at the appropriate level. Certification in the content area is preferred though not required.
- Must be able to manage conflict under high-stress situations in a biblical manner.
- Must possess sufficient biblical knowledge to integrate Scripture into the athletic experience, thus imparting to the students a biblical worldview through athletics.
- Establish and promote high Christian standards in an athletic setting.
- Establish a positive and professional rapport with athletes and peers that earns and maintains their respect and demonstrates pride in the coaching profession.
- CPR/First Aid certified or willingness to be certified.
- Meet all TAPPS requirements and/or CAPPS requirements dependent on the level of coaching.
- Demonstrate mastery of the material being coached and maintain students' and parents' confidence in the quality of their athletic experience.
- Coach the skills necessary to understand the mastery of the sport; equip the athletes to compete at the middle school and/or high school level.
- Plan, submit, and implement coaching practice upon request.
- Coach with sincere deference to Scripture. Intentionally incorporate the Christian faith into practices, games, and activities as applicable.