The Head Coach is responsible for the soccer program at the Paul Cuffee Middle School, including but not limited to conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student-athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizing and directing individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Assessing players' skills, monitoring players during competition and practice.
- Determining game strategy.
- Supervising athletes during practices and competitions.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students.
- Participates in special activities to include parents' night, banquets, award nights.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Must complete a CPR/First Aid course upon hire, if not currently certified.
- Must complete Sports Coaching and Concussion Protocol course.
- Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.