The cross country coach will teach student athletes the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for the students to achieve a degree of both individual and team success. The coach will carry out the aims and objectives of the cross country program as outlined by the athletic department.
- Previous cross country experience is desirable.
- Knowledge and background in volleyball.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of practice in season.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facility or are in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Maintain competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Maintain necessary attendance forms, insurance records and similar paperwork.
- Develop a consistent and positive public communications procedure through the school and media to inform the parents and the general public about the athletic program.