Reporting to the Athletic Director, an Athletic Coach is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student athletes so they may achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets/techniques necessary for individual and team achievement.
- Works with Athletic Director in planning and developing practice and game schedules, activities, and training programs.
- Ensures proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms.
- Arranges transportation for athletic participants as well as hotel accommodations for overnight events, travels with student athletes on team bus both to and from games.
- Makes recommendations regarding the purchase of uniforms, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintains necessary records and forms (insurance, attendance, medical); completes required paperwork and team statistics.
- Ensures that all student athletes are eligible, insured, have paid fees, and are in good physical condition from the beginning of the season to the end.
- Enforces discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles; supervises students at home and away games to ensure appropriate behavior; ensures appropriate rules and regulations regarding the conduct and eligibility of athletes are explained and followed.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Two years of related experience; prior successful experience coaching student-athletes preferred.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification required.