The head coach is responsible for planning, managing, leading, and evaluating an education-based athletics team that seeks to develop athletes of purpose and character. The head coach’s leadership must have a positive impact on the physical, social, emotional and spiritual development of student-athletes. The head coach should be a developer, teacher, achiever and problem solver who demonstrates a high degree of integrity, trust, responsibility, positivity and flexibility.
1. A strong and clear Christian testimony with a mature, godly spirit.
2. A daily example of the highest Christian virtue both in and out of school.
3. Commitment to faithful attendance and support of a church whose beliefs are in agreement with the Statement of Faith.
4. Strong commitment to CASS Mission and Purpose statements.
5. Ability to encourage partnerships with parents, coaches, students and other schools.
6. Understands the developmental nature of middle school sports.
7. Playing experience in the sport is preferred.
1. Coach from a biblical perspective and strive to be a true reflection of Jesus.
2. Create a winning environment through positivity and daily encouragement.
3. Teach athletes to perform sound, safe, fundamental techniques.
4. Work with Varsity Coach to create a cohesive, feeder program.
5. Uphold the Heart of a Warrior characteristics (Confidence, Accountability and Integrity) and instill other characteristics like honesty, loyalty, respect and unity.
6. Create and communicate a Transformational Purpose Statement.
7. Abide by the responsibilities outline in the Coaches Handbook.
8. Recruit and hire competent and professional assistant coaches.
9. Follow all CAL School, CAL Athletics, IHSAA and National Federation rules.