DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as our Flag Football Head Coach for our middle school team, which competes as part of the Charter School Athletic League. This role reports to the Middle School OST and Athletics Director. The ideal candidate has experience coaching middle school-aged students, and has an understanding of Flag Football as a player and coach.
- Create and submit practice plans;
- Facilitate 1-3 practices per week;
- Lead logistics around athlete arrival and departure;
- Drive engagement and recruitment of athletes onto the team;
- Manage roster and game strategy on game day;
- Supervise and manage team and individual behavior at all times using positive discipline techniques and proactive interventions to ensure the physical and emotional safety of all scholars;
- Ensure that youth are physically safe around the supervision and transportation (when necessary);
- Follow all safety protocols put in place by the organization;
- Make sure attendance is taken at all practices and games;
- Model sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, umpires, and spectators.
- 2+ years of coaching experience preferred;
- An understanding of the sport’s rules and regulations required;
- Experience working with school-age children required;
- Ability to uphold, promote, and model sport-based youth development principles;
- Previous experience playing this sport competitively at the high school and/or college level preferred;
- CPR/First Aid certification, a plus.