- Coaching experience in football.
- Experience in building a program that includes the development of young players, conducting off-season conditioning programs, and the ability to teach fundamental skills and techniques.
- A valid Michigan teaching certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience working with children/students.
- The candidate should demonstrate an interest in and an aptitude for performing the assignment of head coach.
- Any alternatives to the State qualifications that the Board of Education may find appropriate may be considered.
- The MHSAA P.A. C.E. Program is recommended for all coaches.
- Assist the Athletic Director in interviewing prospective coaches for assigned assistant positions.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the sport to be coached.
- Maintain professional competency by attending clinics and state rules meetings.
- Delegate responsibility appropriately to assistant coaches.
- Encourage athletes to excel in academic work.
- Submit an annual record of the results of contests and records.
- Submit to the Athletic Director an annual listing of award winners.
- Supervise the issuance, cleaning, storage, return, and care of all athletic equipment.
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its educational programs and activities, including employment opportunities.