To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the Head Coach. To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the head coach in scheduling, providing transportation and requirements for tournaments and special sports events.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Provides documentation to Athletic Director, fulfill state and system requirements, concerning physical examinations, parental consent, and eligibility at sub-varsity level.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all athletic policy approved by the Saydel Board of Education and is responsible for its implementation.
- Has a knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations; implements same consistently.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels. Coach is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase moral and cooperation within the school sports program.