- Previous playing and coaching experience at the high school and/or college level.
- Working knowledge of football is essential.
- Coaching Administrative Experience.
- Assist the Athletic Director in interviewing prospective coaches for assigned assistant positions.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the sport to be coached.
- Maintain professional competency by attending clinics and state rules meetings.
- Delegate responsibility appropriately to assistant coaches.
- Encourage athletes to excel in academic work.
- Submit an annual record of the results of contests and records.
- Submit to the Athletic Director an annual listing of award winners.
- Supervise the issuance, cleaning, storage, return, and care of all athletic equipment.
- Advise on purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms as necessary.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the area when team members are practicing.
- Enforce disciplined behavior, and code of fair play; establish and oversee penalties for not following team and school standards and rules. Report all incidents to the Athletic Director.
- Work as a team member of the coaching staff.
- Establish an effective relationship with team members.
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its educational programs and activities, including employment opportunities.