The Middle School Girls' Basketball Coach is responsible for instructing student-athletes in the fundamental physical training, skills, and strategy necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student-athlete shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of acceptable moral values and social behavior, pride in accomplishment, self-confidence, and self-discipline.
- Collaborate with community members on partnerships to support athletic programs.
- Communicate and foster positive relationships with athletes, parents, and families.
- Conduct athlete and parent meetings with clear, concise, and documented expectations.
- Cultivate and execute procedures for ensuring open communication with athletes and parents.
- Develop and implement a sport-specific emergency response plan.
- Develop and implement individual/team training plans by the day, week, month, and year as appropriate.
- Encourage and teach integrity, leadership, sportsmanship, and team-building.
- Establish direction and expectations for all athlete participants.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times.
- Previous coaching, sport participation, or teaching experience.
- Ability to use approved first-aid and CPR skills.
- Adhere to, be responsible for, enforce, implement, and understand athletic, school, district policies along with CHSAA By-Laws.
- CPR & AED Certification required.
- Possess or has the ability to acquire a valid Colorado Coaching Certificate.
- Successfully pass the CHSAA Coaches Test, acquire CHSSA coaching registration and complete a concussion course per State Legislation and CHSAA By-Laws.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of concussions and remove players that are exhibiting signs and symptoms of concussions.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate while appreciating the diverse background of students, parents, peers, and the community.