- Coaches participants in the skills necessary for the sport/activity.
- Establishes a schedule of practices.
- Must maintain competency in rules, regulations, and coaching techniques for the sport/activity.
- Maintains discipline and sportsmanlike conduct of all participants and enforces the policies of the District uniformly when disciplining participants.
- Responsible for the inventory of equipment.
- In team activities, teaches/coaches the importance of teamwork.
- Meets MHSA requirements (if applicable).
- Holds a currently valid American Red Cross First Aid card (for those coaching athletics).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with students, parents, staff, and the community in general.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employment and student matters.