To help each participating student achieve a level of skill, appreciation for the values of discipline, sportsmanship, school spirit, pride and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Excellent communication skills with parents and students required.
- Basketball and/or coaching experience preferred.
- First aid and CPR knowledge preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and communicate clear and specific goals for the team and individual players.
- Develop the skills of players specific to basketball.
- Establish a team that demonstrates good sportsmanship.
- Maintain open and honest communication with students, parents, other coaches, and Athletic Coordinator.
- Create an environment in which athletes can gain self-esteem and develop a positive self-image.
- Demonstrate understanding of leadership best practices specific to the sport and age group.
- Support student academic expectations, responsibilities, and achievements.
- Develop the knowledge and understanding of Forest Hills Public Schools policies and procedures as it applies to athletics.
- Promote and enforce the student-athlete code of conduct.
- Connect athletic experiences with life experiences.
- Provide an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration among coaches and players.