The BHS Girls Basketball Head Coach provides leadership to develop and maintain a high-quality Girls Basketball program that promotes excellence, discipline, and sportsmanship. The Coach assists each participating student in achieving a higher level of skill, an enhanced appreciation for the values of teamwork, and an increased level of confidence.
- Certification: CHSAA coaching registration and certification.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
- Concussion certification.
- Various other required certifications, courses, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an active and effective basketball program that promotes good sportsmanship and student development through participation in practices, activities, and competitions.
- Develop practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Assess strengths and decide playing time and positions.
- Supervise athletes during practices, activities, and competitions to determine needs for individual and team improvement.
- Participate in special activities to include games, pep assemblies, banquets, and award nights.
- Assign duties to, and evaluate performance of, all assistant coaches under your jurisdiction, including pre-season and off-season practice sessions.
- Oversee the process of cleaning, repairing, inventorying, storing, and replacing all equipment.