The Head Coach of the Norfolk Christian School Middle School Girls Volleyball team exists to support the Varsity Head Coach in preparing tomorrow’s leaders to transform the world for Christ within the platform of the sport. As a committed follower of Jesus Christ, the Head Coach of the Middle School Girls Volleyball team will provide excellent leadership under the direction of the head coach of the program including intentional development of Ambassador Athletes’ faith in Jesus Christ and excellence in Christian Character, while instilling great work habits, and teaching, stressing the primacy of Academics.
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live a life that reflects that authenticity
- Model the fruits of the spirit in communications, relationships and daily work
- Demonstrate coachability and a willing heart for service
- Embody others-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
• Attend church on a regular basis • Accept and uphold Norfolk Christian’s Statement of Faith
- Uphold and embody Norfolk Christian’s culture as set forth in the Intentional Culture Document
- Model servant leadership, grace and love in all relationships and interactions
- Provide team support regarding all matters, processes and initiatives
- Develop and execute Spiritual and Character Development Plan
• Facilitate the athletes’ development of their God-given abilities to the fullest in both life & sports • Be a positive Christian role model for all of the student-athletes at the school
- Organization and development of the program staff in collaboration with the Athletic Department and its mission
- Create the Program Plan and be responsible for its execution
- Development and implementation of daily practice plans
- Film breakdown and game analysis
- Scouting of upcoming opponents and implementation of the game plan
- Be committed to partnering with parents
• Support athletes in being their best physically through the Sports Medicine Programs • Assist athletes and families in College Recruiting process in coordination with the Athletic Department, when applicable
- Know, understand and educate coaching staff on TCIS and VISAA rules and regulations with the help of the Athletic Department
- Complete administrative elements necessary for the advancement of the program with the Athletic Department
- Be a contributing member of the Norfolk Christian Athletic Department by attending the Ambassadors All In Kickoff, preseason coaches meetings and Varsity Sports Awards Night
• Participate in quarterly meetings with the Athletic Department • Demonstrate coachability and be receptive to feedback
- Pursue professional/personal/spiritual growth and development
- Participate in the broader ministry of Norfolk Christian by contributing of time, talent and treasure beyond assigned role responsibilities
Excel in upholding the Norfolk Christian Athletic Core Values and Desired Outcomes:
- Core Values:
o Strengthen our Athletes’ Faith in Jesus Christ
o Develop Excellence in Christian Character, which is based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ
o Instill Great Work Habits in All of Our Athletes
o Teach, Stress, and Monitor the Primacy of Academics
- Desired Outcomes:
o Every student-athlete has an exceptional experience being involved in Norfolk Christian Athletics.
o Every student-athlete grows in his or her faith because of participating in Norfolk Christian Athletics.
o Every student-athlete has a mentoring/discipleship connection with an adult in the Norfolk Christian Athletic program.
o Norfolk Christian teams are highly successful (competitive excellence).
o Every sport at Norfolk Christian serves as a marquee attraction for students
- Coaching/playing experience in the particular sport
- Experience in mentoring student-athletes
- All Norfolk Christian staff must be trusted to maintain confidentiality in all matters of school business.
- Must be able to relate to high school athletes
- Ability to effectively communicate with parents and other coaches
POSITION TYPE: Head Coach, Stipend
HOURS PER WEEK: This stipend position is temporary, part-time, exempt and will not include benefits, including sick/personal leave
SUPERVISOR: Athletic Department