The coach is responsible for instruction and training of student athletes in attaining proficiency in sport related functions while encouraging academic excellence; overseeing the day-to-day program operations and logistics including practices and games; maintaining positive community and booster relations; and providing off-season and skill development opportunities. Members of the team are expected to gain an appreciation for discipline, accountability, responsibility, and sportsmanship. The coach of this team is expected to be a positive role model for its members. The coach works under the supervision of the Middle School Athletic Director.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate in a positive manner and get along with others in a high stress environment.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain Concussion Management Training (provided online by NFHSlearn.com).
- Possess or have the ability to obtain current First Aid and CPR Certifications.
- Knowledge of emergency care of injuries.
- Possess sufficient knowledge of sport to teach skills in coaching position.
- Fingerprinting and Criminal History Check at employee’s expense is Rrequired once hired.