Valor Collegiate Academies is seeking an experienced and passionate Head Cross Country Coach who is excited to share our mission of academic excellence and empowering scholars to live inspired and purposeful lives. This individual will lead our Middle School Cross Country team.
- Follow and enforce Valor’s athletic policies and regulations outlined in the Athletic Handbook.
- Plan, organize, advertise, and conduct tryouts for the program.
- Create a safe environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Work directly with Athletic Director to ensure the success and safety of the program
- Communicate and work directly with Athletic Trainer on injuries and rehabilitation.
- Ability to model, live, and reinforce the school’s core values and mission on and off the field of play with colleagues, scholar-athletes, parents and the larger community.
CRITICAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the rules and fundamentals of the sport.
- Previous experience with a TSSAA or state athletic sanctioned school preferred.
- Flexibility with personal schedule to accommodate the needs of the athletic program.
- A proven track-record of high achievement in your sport.
- Grit and perseverance to work within a fast-paced, start-up environment.