Provide a learning environment that allows players to learn new skills and reinforce established skills to improve. The head coach of each sport has the responsibility of carrying on the sport in the best interest of the school district by adhering to the policies and regulations of the Pottsgrove Board of Directors, as well as the practices and procedures of the school administration.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate skill development, program philosophy, and equipment management.
- Coach and instruct fundamentals of hitting, base-running, throwing and fielding.
- Conduct pre-season meetings to inform players of physical exams, practice and game schedules, and proper gear requirements.
- Monitor and assist students during practice and competition.
- Meet with high school coach to review rule changes and other updates.
- Assist 7th grade coach with the development of A & B team roster based on skill level.
- Prepare a list of game day coverage that is necessary at the school.
- Prepare a schedule of times for dismissal, bus departure and pick up times for games; make schedule available to players and parents.
- Distribute uniforms at the beginning of each playing season; maintain and collect uniforms at the end of the season.
- High School diploma necessary.
- Knowledge of softball rules and regulations required.
- Submission of pre-employment medical examination (Section 148 of the Pennsylvania School Code).