ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct practices which place emphasis on the importance of teamwork, skill development, learning rules and strategies, and student-athlete improvement.
- Engage in academic monitoring with teachers, counselors, and other academic support staff. Coaches will also ensure that student-athletes attend the required study hall.
- Supervise student-athletes before, during, and after practices and contests, including in locker rooms, on busses and at all other times. The coach will be at all practices and games on time and not leave until all student-athletes have left.
- Assume responsibility for constant care of equipment and inventory being used. Inspect all athletic equipment and facilities (verify inventory) and submit documentation to Athletic Director/Principal.
- Conduct team and self in an ethical manner during practices and contests, always exemplifying the highest standards of sportsmanship.
- Must possess a four-year college degree and be contracted by the KCMSD Board of Education for the school year as a full or part time teacher or 1-3 years of coaching experience.
- Knowledge of particular sport (philosophy & coaching).
- Must successfully complete the MSHSAA/NFHS Coaching Principles Course and Sports First Aid Courses.
- A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept and working knowledge of all collegiate eligibility center regulations.