Working from one of our Family Service Centers, the Secondary Teacher will “virtually” manage instructional programs. Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program.
- Complete all grading, create progress reports and conduct parent conferences in a timely manner;
- Support the instructional program with asynchronous web conferencing sessions and synchronous instruction;
- Review curriculum and devise alternate approaches to presenting lessons to increase student understanding (working directly with students and parents);
- Communicate with parents, students and other teachers on a regular basis to develop and update Personal Learning Plans and schedules, score assessments, provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion of assignments and coach special projects;
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully progressing through the program, that parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are distributed among the teachers;
- Develop a general knowledge of the entire program’s K-12 curriculum and a very detailed knowledge of the courses for which responsible;
- Support students and parents with alternate strategies and provide additional assistance with daily assignments and projects.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach in Pennsylvania (appropriate to grade level responsibilities).
- Must be able to work full time at a CCA Family Service Center.
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Customer focused approach with a high degree of flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment.
- Team player track record.
- Willingness to travel on occasion for marketing and state testing events (may require occasional overnight travel).