The job of “Teacher - Classroom (Secondary)” is done for the purpose of developing students’ academic and interpersonal skills through academic courses of study and implementing District approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/ activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of students; providing a safe and optimal learning environment and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Previous experience teaching at the middle school level.
- Valid Oregon Teaching License, with endorsements to teach middle school Physical Education and Health. May also teach elective courses.
- Experience with AVID, Sheltered Instruction and PBIS preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with PE Specialists in-building and across the district.
- Ability to build relationships with students to foster health living and promote life-long fitness and wellness.
- History of success with students at all ability levels, different instructional techniques and working with a diverse student population.
Licenses, Certification, Bonding and/or Testing Required:
- Valid Oregon Teaching License, with endorsements to teach middle school Physical Education and Health. May also teach elective courses. Additional endorsements will be beneficial.
- Pass a nation-wide criminal background check.
- Pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test and physical abilities assessment.