Classroom teachers provide instruction to their assigned classroom or within their specific area of expertise working with the curriculum designed by the school district. They work directly with students, school staff, building and district administrators to meet the educational goals of the district.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make some independent judgments within prescribed policies and procedures.
- Employ good judgment in a variety of situations, including emergencies.
- Work with a variety of students and demonstrate a willingness to gain the information and training necessary to work effectively.
- Possess the characteristics and understanding to be an effective member of an educational support team.
- Comprehend and follow oral and written instructions and complete work within established time lines.
- Communicate with appropriate student age group requiring the exercise of both empathetic and disciplinarian approaches.
- Maintain a confidential, non-preferential manner an non-judgmental attitude towards the students, staff, and program.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Teaches classes following District approved curriculum.
- Conducts conferences and communicates with parents as necessary.
- Follows District standards including reporting concerns, abuse and infractions of student handbook policies.
- Works effectively and collaborates with the building administrator and work team or grade level.
- Demonstrates effective classroom management techniques.
- Understand and complies with Oregon Teacher’s Stands of Competent and Ethical Performance.