- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- A valid Texas teaching certificate is required.
- Experience with coaching and/or athletics preferred.
- Communicate and confer effectively both orally and in written form with students, parents, colleagues and administration.
- Meet professional criteria and obligations.
- Enforce NYOS Charter School rules and policies.
- Actively participate in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and improve student achievement.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, accept responsibility, and the ability to be self-motivated.
- Exemplify through manner, words, and dress the high standards and expected behavior of the school.
- Prepare classroom, materials and lesson plans and implement research-based instructional practices.
- Observe, evaluate, remediate and extend students' academic performance, behavior, and social development.
NYOS Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or disability, in hiring or providing education or access to benefits of educational services, activities, and programs. The Executive Director has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements of Title IX.