Perform functions to instruct students on established curriculum ensuring each individual is provided with the knowledge, proficiencies and experiences necessary to become successful contributing citizens in an ever-changing world. This is a long-term sub position.
- Plan and instruct students on District and state standards aligned curriculum.
- Develop lesson plans and goals that meet District expectations.
- Enrich or modify lessons, curriculum, materials and resources as needed to meet individual student's needs and varying levels of progress.
- Conduct formal and informal assessments to evaluate student progress. Administer standardized assessments as directed. Interpret student assessment data for application of instructional methods and monitoring of student progress.
- Review student progress via assessments, maintain records of student work, and develop intervention strategies to ensure student success and growth.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with parents and students on progress.
- Meet regularly and work collaboratively with other grade level or departmental teachers and support teachers to plan instruction across classrooms and to incorporate lessons across subjects.
- Meet regularly with support teachers, teacher assistants and specialists to discuss individual student's modifications or adaptations, ongoing learning issues, interventions or problems. Work collaboratively to ensure individual student's needs met.
- The qualified candidate will have a valid Illinois Professional Educator License with endorsements in: Physical Education.
- Candidates with additional endorsements are preferred.