- Develop and teach highly engaging, rigorous PE curriculum and lessons, aligned with HVA's standards and progressive pedagogy.
- Invest several hours per week in professional learning, including personalized instructional coaching, lesson study, co-planning, book study groups, and other learning work.
- Build strong, lasting relationships with students while encouraging them to hold themselves to high standards for academics and character.
- Establish and uphold classroom routines to ensure a focused, safe, and caring environment.
- Analyze assessment data and use it to inform and differentiate your instruction.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share best practices and ensure student mastery of standards.
- Minimum of two years full-time co-curricular classroom teaching experience required. Four or more years of teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Strong track record of student achievement and performance in your past teaching
- Ability to create a class environment in which students feel safe, supported and challenged to engage deeply in meaningful work.
- A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement.
- Highly thoughtful and reflective, committed to always getting smarter with colleagues, reflecting on mistakes, welcoming feedback and making continual adjustments in your practice.