Teachers are responsible for providing direct instruction to students and maintaining an environment conducive to learning.
- Provide instruction that cognitively engages all students, increases critical thinking and problem solving skills, and assess learning to guide instruction.
- Build and maintain secure relationships with students as well as maintaining professional relationships with colleagues, parents, and patrons.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with timelines including individual student records, classroom records, content area reports, grade level reports, and building/department records.
- Actively engage as a member of a team including but not limited to, student teams, grade level or department teams, focus groups, curriculum teams, PLCs, and/or other building and District teams.
- Report suspected abuse, neglect, discrimination, harassment, etc. as directed by Board Policy and otherwise required by law.
- Bachelor degree or higher.
- Valid Missouri teaching certification appropriate to the level and subject matter.