- Must be a born-again Christian.
- Must be a credible Christian role model whose godly lifestyle and character demonstrate obedience to God and the Holy Bible.
- Must be able to support and comply with the school’s Statement of Faith and Statement of Conduct.
- Must possess Biblical knowledge and the ability to integrate Scripture into subject matters taught.
- Must have an understanding of and commitment to Lighthouse Christian School educational objectives and philosophy of education.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree and prefer state certification. (ACSI certification and/or three years of full-time classroom teaching experience is preferred.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and in an internet/online environment; ability to quickly learn and use different software applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a system for recording and reporting on student progress and performance.
- Keeps students, parents, and administration adequately informed and involved to remedy academic or behavior deficiencies.
- Provides timely, accurate progress reports and report cards using the Beyond Technology Education grading practice.
- Builds strong partnerships with parents.
- Engenders parental support and trust.
- Communicates with parents regularly and effectively.
- Contributes to the general well-being and improvement of the school.
- Assists the School Board and Administration in implementing policies and procedures.
- Collaborates and cooperates with colleagues.